Theo Wanne’s ALL NEW super-full-bodied small chamber mouthpiece!
The BRAHMA uses the best features of vintage mouthpieces like Berg Larsen & Lawton with their small chamber & flat side-walls, but updates them with Theo’s new design technologies, which is why you will notice the interior looks quite different.
- Twisted Walls
Twisted-Walls™: Flat-sidewall that ‘twists’ into the chamber.
- Wave-Baffle™: The baffle is shaped in the form of a sine-wave, adding fullness and sparkle to the sound.
- Theo’s proprietary “bullet” chamber: A unique ‘elongated-oval’ shape is used to transition from baffle to chamber.
- Shark-Gill-Baffle™: The arced lines you see on the baffle for an overall ‘fuller sound’. Patented by Theo Wanne.
- Small-Stadium-Chamber™: Shape like a Football Stadium, the Small-Stadium-Chamber™ gives tremendous projection.
- Shark-Gill Chamber™: The indented lines on the chamber walls create a bigger sound. Patented by Theo Wanne.
- Elliptical Window: Efficiently focuses the airstream into the mouthpiece.
These features allow the BRAHMA to do-it-all. From ballads to rock & roll, this is the most versatile mouthpiece they make.
PLEASE NOTE: This design allows the player to achieve very different results depending on reed placement. Make sure to line your reed up with the very edge of the tip rail, but be sure to experiment to find your best sound. For the most lively sound, push the reed toward the very front of the tip rail (all the way to the tip of the mouthpiece.) For more resistance, or a darker sound, pull the reed back a little.
Theo Wanne used the name BRAHMA mouthpiece many years ago on another mouthpiece. However this design is completely new. The two models have little in common, except for the cool name
Manufactured by Theo Wanne™ using the highest technology in the market for both consistency and accurate reproduction of the new design. The BRAHMA is available in 24k Gold Plate with our built-in liberty ligature, and in premium hard rubber. You will notice the hard rubber version is the same price as the metal. This is because we use pure hard rubber with no accelerants, additives or carbon black. It is pure, like the vintage hard rubber from the 1930’s through 50s. Such pure hard rubber is more expensive than the brass and gold plating combined.
- Great for almost every musical style including Ballads, Jazz, and Rock & Roll.
- Massive sound, while also being ‘dark’ and vintage sounding at the same time.
- Truly a unique sound/design maximizing the potential of airflow. There’s nothing else like it!
- Radical proprietary Small-Stadium-Chamber™ and patented Shark-Gill™ chamber.
- Flat side walls and uniquely shaped roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on logo.
- Ligature: The metal BRAHMA includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. Try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures! The Hard Rubber BRAHMA includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world.Try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads.
- California residents please click here for Proposition 65 WARNING