The Howarth S10 model oboe has been specifically designed for junior players with a number of features to make oboe playing accessible from a younger age.
The S10 oboe has been developed to be as light as possible and is manufactured from the traditional Grenadilla wood used for our professional model instruments. The use of close finger spacing and covered keys allow smaller hands to easily navigate the full range of the instrument.
An ideal upgrade from the Howarth Junior Oboe, the S10 will take players up to Grade 6 standard. A favourite instrument with Education Authorities and Music Services throughout the UK.
- Body made from Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Thumbplate system keywork (English system)
- Fully covered keys
- Simple action octaves (not linked)
- Full chromatic range from Low Bb
- Left-hand C/D trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low C to B link
- Uses standard oboe reeds
- Weight ~0.54kg
- Instrument is supplied in a Howarth student backpack case with cleaning materials, cork grease and a reed case