“JodyJazz HR* (pronounced HR Star) – is perfect for capturing that Vintage Jazz Sound. It has the look, feel and even the smell of Vintage Hard Rubber. The HR* is a hard rubber saxophone mouthpiece aimed at professionals and students looking for a traditional versatile mouthpiece. High quality control standards, a beautiful warm sound and a nice free blowing feel make these new mouthpieces amazing players. We feel that this mouthpiece can stand up to any hard rubber saxophone mouthpiece on the market. I get these blanks from a source in Germany and the Hard Rubber has the look, feel and sound of Vintage hard Rubber sax mouthpieces that make the most sought after mouthpieces. The mouthpieces are faced on a special facing machine and then hand finished. The alto sax model is aimed directly at the Meyer Alto sax mouthpiece. We believe that you and your customer will be very happy with the quality and price of these mouthpieces. The sound is similar to a Meyer but with a little more projection and brightness. The Chamber is round and smooth like the Meyer.” Jody Espina
Three Goals when Producing the HR* Series of Saxophone Mouthpieces:
- To offer the most traditional style of jazz saxophone mouthpiece: round chamber hard rubber, and demand and obtain the most rigorous quality control possible.
- To create a free blowing hard rubber mouthpiece that allows the lowest and highest notes to speak with equal ease.
- To make a hard rubber sax mouthpiece that can sound beautiful, but also give good strong projection when necessary.
What Does The HR* Do?
- Beautiful Warm Tone
- Free Blowing
- Reed Friendly
- Blends Well
- Power and Projection
- Traditional to Modern Sound
How Does The HR* Do It?
- Genuine Hard Rubber Formula
- Unique Round Chamber with Straight Side Walls, this provides a round sound in contrast to a more focused sound which a square chamber provides. This allows the HR* to sound very pretty and the medium chamber allows the piece to have very good projection when pushed.
- Even Rails & Tip
- Individually Play Tested
- Unparalleled Quality Control
- Hand Finished Baffle, Tip Rail and Table
- Play tested by Jody Espina