Fibracell Premier Synthetic reeds are made from a composite material which is the result of many years of research and development. This material was designed to closely imitate the natural constructs of a cane reed. It does this by utilising sound-absorbing kevlar fibers which are suspended in a lightweight resin formulation.
- Similar “woody” tone as cane,
- Same weight and stiffness as cane,
- Brilliant overtones for a full, vibrant, resonant tone,
- Very responsive,
- Superb articulation and intonation in all ranges,
- Great for doublers because it does not require soaking,
- Playable in all weather conditions, not affected by heat or humidity,
- Doesn’t swell, warp or soften when wet,
- Lasts up to six times longer than cane.
It is this unique combination of properties that makes Fibracell reeds a great alternative to cane reeds for many players.
Please click here to see a reed-strength comparison table.