The HR* CUSTOM DARK Series from Jody Jazz is a premium line of hard rubber saxophone mouthpieces where the goal was to make the most beautiful sounding and playing pieces that they possibly could. As Soprano saxophone players, we know there are often a lot of unpleasant highs in the sound, especially on the higher notes. With the HR* CUSTOM DARK mouthpiece, JodyJazz have retained the fun of playing a great Soprano mouthpiece whilst taking the edge off of the highs. The large round chamber and bore combine to give it this mellow, warm, beautiful sound. The thick heavy gold plated brass band on the shank boosts the amount of harmonics in the sound.
What Does The HR* CUSTOM DARK Do?
- Beautiful, warm, spread tone
- Free blowing
- Reed friendly
- Player can shape their sound
- Huge bottom end with power on top when needed
- Traditional jazz sound
- Annoying highs in the tone rolled off
How Does the HR* Custom DARK Do It?
- Proprietary Chedeville Hard Rubber Formula
- Large round chamber
- Curved undercut sidewalls
- Heavy solid gold plated brass ring on shank
- CNC machined from solid bar stock
- Expertly hand finished baffle, tip rail and table
- Unparalleled quality control
- Play tested by Jody Espina