With a heritage of instrument-making in Japan that traces back to 1893, Yanagisawa is recognized today as a maker of the most carefully handcrafted family of artist-level saxophones in the world. In models ranging from sopranino to baritone, these superb instruments have won the praise of many celebrated musicians.
The Yanagisawa SWO20U Soprano Saxophone is a member of Yanagisawa’s ‘Elite’ level instrument series. It is a bronze model instrument for the accomplished player. It delivers a superb tonal range with an unmistakably darker edge thanks to the fine bronze body, and it also benefits from the WO series re-engineered bore and tone holes, and re-sourced and redesigned core brass material. This model also has many upgraded features exclusive to the WO series such as:
- Redesigned Taper: Redesign of the taper and position of the tone holes allows for clearer intonation.
- Right Pinky Key: Relocated the right pinky key allows for smoother fingering.
- Left Palm Keys: Modified angle of the left palm keys ensuring easier fingering.
- New Neck Plate: An additional plate on the neck of the Elite models for the tightening of the sound.
- G Key: Changed the rod of the G key from brass to German silver making it stronger.
- New Case: Redesigned hard shell case with fabric cover.
- Key of Bb
- Range from low Bb to high F#
- All hand engraved
- Straight & Curved necks
- Bronze Unlacquered finish